Sunday, January 23, 2011

And Here's to Week 2!!

Well, week 2 of training has come and gone! I put in a total of 16.30 miles this week and I kept all of my average minute/mile times under 13:00 minutes! This is something that makes me happy because every little bit I take off of my average time gets me closer to my goal pace. Other than my left ankle feeling a bit sore today, I am feeling great!

Monday, January 17
Miles - 3.25
Total Time - 00:40:13
Average minute/mile - 12:22
Location - Ardmore Regional Park
Thoughts - A good run! It was a nice day. My time would have been better if I would have either paused the time at the stop light both ways OR not have been stuck at the light both ways for pretty much the entire light cycle. Oh, and an ant bit me while I was cooling down and stretching by my car... it freaking hurt!

Wednesday, January 19
Miles - 4.01
Total Time - 00:51:33
Average minute/mile - 12:51
Location - YMCA Treadmill
Thoughts - Went OK. Definitely my worst run of the week. I was crazy thirsty on this run. I didn't drink enough water and I had a salty lunch. I didn't pay attention to my note to self last week I guess! Lesson officially learned! I did keep my average time under 13 minutes though, so that's a plus. :)

Friday, January 21
Miles - 3.00
Total Time - 00:37:13
Average minute/mile - 12:24
Location - YMCA Treadmill
Thoughts - This was supposed to be a Thursday run but my schedule got screwed up and I didn't get to run on Thursday. I was a little worried about it being right before my "long" run of the week so I did take it a little easy. I was happy with this run.

Saturday, January 22
Miles - 6.04
Total Time - 01:15:53
Average minute/mile - 12:34
Location - Ardmore Regional Park
Thoughts - I was very happy with this run! I felt really good during and after and I kept my average minute/mile down! One negative to this run was that one of my shoelaces, which I always double knot, un-knotted and loosened (never actually completely untying). This caused my shoe to loosen and I managed to rub a blister on the bottom arch of my right foot. Silly me, I didn't stop because the "looseness" of the shoe wasn't obvious and since I didn't see shoelaces flopping around, I didn't stop to tie it. Another lesson learned, right?

At the beginning of the week, Saturday's run had me a bit nervous (actually every Saturday run has me nervous, haha) because last week wasn't great. This Saturday's run actually made me pretty excited, though. It helped me realize that this is only week 2! I still have 14 more weeks to get ready for this thing and I know I will keep getting better and stronger every week!

So, week 2 was a success! Here's to hoping week 3 is even better!

No comments: