Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Week 3... Could have been better.

So, I'm late posting for week 3... I've been fighting a bug or something and haven't felt great so I haven't made time to write.

Week 3 started out strong but turned "meh" towards the end. I slacked a bit this week and I finally realized I NEED water when I run.

Monday, January 24
Miles - 3.00
Total Time - 00:36:51
Average minute/mile - 12:17
Location - YMCA Treadmill (combo of 1.0 and 1.5% incline)
Thoughts - A good run! My average minute/mile keeps getting better!

Wednesday, January 26
Miles - 4.00
Total Time - 00:48:52
Average minute/mile - 12:13
Location - YMCA Treadmill (1.0% incline)
Thoughts - A great run! I felt AMAZING afterward and once again, I beat my best average pace.

Thursday, January 27
I suck. I skipped running Thursday with a plan to make it up on Friday. Friday started with a hangover (I'm being honest!) and was filled with some exciting stuff (which I can't share quite yet) all of which did not include a 3 mile run ... like I said, I suck. I won't let it happen again! If I miss a run it will be because I (or someone close to me) am sick or injured, no other excuse will work! Hold me to this!

Saturday, January 29
Miles - 7.02
Total Time - 01:32:04
Average minute/mile - 13:07
Location - Lake Hefner
Thoughts - Oh my. This run started out strong but unfortunately went the way of the crapper. It was an amazingly beautiful day (76 degrees in January!) and I saw my friend, Nathan, who is also training for the marathon! All was well... until I became so incredibly thirsty. I could not think about anything but a drink and my mouth was so dry. I think it happened around the 3 mile marker and I had no options (unless I wanted to climb the wall and drink straight from Lake Hefner!). So by the end of the run, I was a bit dehydrated and could only run for short bursts. My legs felt like they were a million pounds each. No bueno. So, my average pace suffered. This has been remedied.

So, that's week 3. On Sunday, I went to my FAVORITE running store, Red Coyote! I bought myself an Amphipod hydration belt. I haven't had a long run to try it yet but I know I am going to LOVE it. No more situations in which I am without water!

All this running has another plus to it... I've lost almost 5 pounds in 3 weeks! Woo! Now if only I would start eating better (I need to find a good, healthy eating plan for all this running...), I'm sure that number would continue to grow! I'm definitely not trying to lose a ton of weight but I am looking forward to slimming down and toning up in time for summer while I train for my marathon! :)

Because of my "tardiness" on this blog, I partially know what week 4 holds. It is off to a good start but this crazy winter storm is going to affect my schedule. I WILL NOT miss a run this week though. I may be on the treadmill ALL week (yes, even for long runs... boo) because of snow covered trails and crazy low temps (wind chills in the negatives!) but you can bet when I blog on Sunday that I will have completed all four of my runs! Here's to a kick ass week 4... treadmill and all!

No comments: